Greece is the homeland of Hippocrates, known as the “Father of Modern Medicine”. Hippocrates and his students documented numerous illnesses in the Hippocratic Corpus and developed the Hippocratic Oath for physicians, which is still in use today. Greece’s numerous qualities and advantages can serve Medical Tourism and render Greece a top destination for international health tourists. Some of these qualities are the following:
• Greece’s high medical ranking, 14th place among 190 countries, according to the World Health Organization health system ranking
• High quality medical services in private health care institutions offering the best medical care at a very low cost
• Medical staff with internationally renowned skills
• Medical services offered by highly skilled doctors with excellent credentials and studies at the best Greek, European and American Universities
• Infrastructure availability for various types of health tourism such as check-ups, surgical, rehabilitation, diagnostics, hemodialysis, dentistry, IVF-maternity
Bordered by the Balkan countries in the north, by Italy in the west and Turkey in the east, Greece is a beautiful country with breathtaking scenery, classical origins, a warm Mediterranean climate and friendly people. It is a country with thousands of islands, sun-drenched beaches and magical sunsets. In this country democracy was born and art and culture flourished. Visitors are welcome to walk in hundreds of archaeological sites and marvel at monuments of classical architecture. UNESCO lists Greece as one of the countries which hosts most of world's historical and artistic heritage.
Food and entertainment are also national specialties; the healthy Mediterranean cuisine offered at classy restaurants combined with the popular night life on the islands or mainland attracts thousands of tourists every year.
Greece offers very good accommodation and facilities with advanced technology which is in line with the European quality and safety standards. The country is accessible through numerous airports, sea ports, trains, buses which facilitate health tourism, combining the medical and the tourist aspect of the visit.
It is worth mentioning that the climate in Greece is Mediterranean, with mild winters and warm summers although it gets colder in the north with snow on the mountains. The best time of year to visit is between April and October as the weather is usually most pleasant.
The official language is Greek, but English is very well spoken and understood in major cities, islands or other tourist areas.
Greece is, therefore, the best place to combine health care services with travel and entertainment. Offer yourself a unique life experience in a Mediterranean Paradise and at the same time enjoy the benefits of the high standards of an excellent health care system.
Potami beach, Karlovasi, Samos